1) I plan to attend Baker College in Muskegon. Michigan for a degree in culinary arts.
2) I am the most proud of making it into the National Technology Honors Society. It is an amazing opportunity that Lisle High School offers students to be a part of the Technology Center of DuPage, where I was recognized and awarded for my good grades, but I was also recognized at Lisle in front of several peers who would have never known of my achievements at TCD.
3) One of the most influential teachers at Lisle High School would have to be Mr.Blankenship. Though Mr. Blankenship has only worked at Lisle for two years, and I only had him one of those years, the impact he made on my life was very significant. I had no idea what I wanted to go into in the future and no idea how to figure that out but Mr. Blankenship always made sure I knew I had the potential to be anything I wanted to be. He made me want to achieve all my goals and to find out we have similar interests made it that much easier to ramble on about my excitement of the future. Another person who made my years at Lisle great was Mrs. Gansberg. Mrs. Gansberg works in the attendance office and there are no classes in there but she always loved hearing everything I had to say. She proved that being nice never hurts and always found a way to make my day. I then became a pass runner and spent all of the third hour with her which helped me get through my last few months of high school. There is no doubt in my mind that I would go out of my way just to see her smile. I want to achieve my goals in life just so I can come back and tell her all that I've accomplished.
4) I've got a few hopes, dreams, goals, and wants in my next few years with college and my career. My goal is to get an associate's degree in culinary arts and get a bachelor's degree in business and hopefully become a private chef. A private chef gives me everything I am looking for in a job. For example I would get to travel with families to amazing new places. I would mostly get to make my own hours and be my own boss and I'd get to take time for myself. Those things are really important to me. I also just want to find great people along the way and better myself to make sure I'm the best version of myself.
5) I want to thank you all so very much! I wish I could say there are words that can describe how much this helps me but there isn't. I wanted to go to this program not only because I wanted to get out and see the world but I wanted to get to experience and learn from this great program they have. And no it isn't crazy expensive but the tuition looks a lot bigger to a single mother of twins sending both to college at the same time. Going to this school will allow me to jump out of my shell and gain really great connections that will kickstart my career in being a private chef.