Dr. John Mulcare Award: Outstanding Science Student
This award was created to honor the top science student in the name of Dr. John Mulcare, who was an outstanding science educator at Lisle for nearly 3 decades. Pete Sullivan established the selection process, which requires an application and an essay from the student, and a selection panel of teachers. We will defer to you to use the existing process or create a new one, but would just ask that you encourage students to apply and put together a selection panel among the science teachers that will have good knowledge of the applicants (should not be that difficult at our small school!).
Dr. John Mulcare Award Recepients:
Jennifer Cail - Wilson College, Chambersburg, PA - Veterinary Medical Technology
John Raymond Mulcare
Meet 2018 Winner Elizabeth LaScala
2019 Mulcare Scholarship, Dr. John Mulcare Award: Alexa Fasone
I am extremely honored to be selected to receive this award! Thank you.
Here are my answers to your questions:
1) The University of Pittsburgh
2) Nursing (With a minor in global studies and/ or Spanish)
3) What really stood out to me at LHS were the science teachers' passion for their subject and their desire to have their students find their own unique passions. Through the many activities in my Anatomy class, such as visiting a cadaver lab, attending a health science career exploration event, as well as the many dissections I never dreamed of doing, my interest and love for anatomical and biological science was greatly nurtured.
4) I would like to give my sincerest thanks to the alumni. Because of you, I will be able to continue my love for science in college and beyond, and use my education to help those in need. Thank you for helping me as well as the future students come closer to achieving our dreams. I am so fortunate to live in Lisle and have the support of my community as I continue my journey to Pittsburgh.
John Bartels (CNF President) and Kyle Melina Mulcare 2017 winner of the Mulcare Scholarship Dr. John Mulcare Award for Lisle's Outstanding Science Student
First of all I would like to thank you for the scholarship. It will help me tons towards my education. To answer your questions from your letter, I have listed them below.
1. I will be attending the University of South Florida.
2. I will be majoring in Physics and Biology with a Pre-Med background.
3. My Anatomy class was the best. It inspired me to go into my field of science. The teacher Ms. Gucciardo helped me to get here.
4. Again I would like to say thank you to you and the alumni for this special award. It will help tremendously. I hope to complete college and further my knowledge in medical school to become an Orthopedic Surgeon.